Programs & Services
24 HOUR SUPPORT AND INFORMATION LINE
Our line operates 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and is toll-free, province-wide at 1-800-726-2743. Callers can access non-judgmental, empathetic support and information regarding issues related to sexual violence. Our line is confidential and you do not need to be in crisis to call.
We offer accompaniments to the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) program at St. Clare’s Hospital and to the Royal Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC) headquarters in St. John’s. Contact our 24 Hour Support Line or office to request an accompaniment or to discuss your transportation or accessibility needs.
RESOURCES AND INFORMATION
As the only provincially-mandated organization dealing directly with the issue of sexual violence in NL, our Centre has access to a wide range of information, resources, and community groups. Contact our office to discuss your needs or questions and we will work to connect you with relevant information and services.
We recruit and train volunteers to take shifts on our 24 Hour Support and Information Line twice a year. Training is 55+ hours and builds on many skills and knowledge including responding supportively to disclosures, Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training, and various community supports and services. Visit our Get Involved page to learn more.
SERVICE PROVIDER TRAINING & PRESENTATIONS
Our Service Provider Training is offered upon request from groups and organizations interested in expanding their knowledge. Interested? Here are some of the topics we cover:
- Unpacking Consent and Consent Culture
- Understanding Sexual Violence and Sexual Violence
- Promoting and Engaging in Opportunities for Change
- Establishing and Practicing Healthy Boundaries
- Dating and Healthy Relationships [teen and adult]
- Mental Health First Aid for (Basic. Veterans)
- Overview of Canopy Program – support to
former/current CAF/DND individuals, family, friends, supporters impacted by sexual
- Responding to Disclosures of Sexual Violence/Trauma
- Consent, Boundaries, Healthy Relationships
- Active Listening
- Childhood Sexual Abuse
Each training and presentation is tailored to the audience, and will provide resources and services available to survivors and their loved ones in NL.
How much is it for our staff to deliver material?
- Lunch & Learn Presentations — 30 -60 minutes in duration; cost of these training is dependent on number of attendees and delivery method, i.e., virtual or in-person.
- Our consent and healthy relationships workshop is Free of charge to schools, and community organizations. We ask the hosting organization pay for transportation and [any] accommodations.