The NLSACPC is a non-profit, community-based, charitable organization that exists to support individuals of all genders who have been impacted by sexual violence. We operate from a feminist, pro-choice, trauma-informed, person-centered perspective where individuals with lived experienced are honoured for their unique strengths, needs, skills, and abilities.
The Fund Raiser works as a team player under the direction of the Executive Director and will be primarily responsible for all areas of annual revenue generation including but not limited to donor acquisition, donor stewardship, special events and grant applications. Because of the focused aspect of this job, the fundraiser needs to have the skills and ability to communicate to potential funders the benefits of supporting the services and programs developed and used at the Centre to support survivors of sexual violence.
- Primarily responsible for all activities related to donor acquisition, stewardship and retention
- Raise funds for identified programs and regularly meet or surpass fundraising targets
- Research potential donors to gain insight into needs, beliefs and donation habits to understand how to present NLSACPC to them
- Assist in development and implementation of new methods to raise funds for NLSACPC
- Leverage technology and social media, where possible, to improve fundraising outcomes
- Create marketing materials, like flyers and brochures, to be used for the promotion of NLSACPC programs, events and fundraising pushes
- Analyze the performance of events and other fundraising activities for effectiveness
- Maintain complete and orderly records of donors including donor records and communications
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- University degree or college diploma in related field
- 1 – 3 years experience in fundraising, revenue development and/or sales
- Marketing and public relations experience considered an asset
- Experience with Grant Advance or related systems considered an asset
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft products (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google products (including Google Calendar, Google Documents, and Google Drive), and social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office equipment and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of discretion and confidentiality
- Familiarity with a wide array of community supports and resources across NL
- Passionate about supporting survivors and anti-violence work
Position Details and Logistics:
- This is a full time position at 37.5 hours a week funded by JobsNL Wage Subsidy program. Salary will be within a range of $35,000-$40,000 per year. Specific salary will be negotiated and commensurate with experience.
- Additional benefits: health and dental insurance, generous leave policy based on the NLSACPC’s Human Resources Policy, and regular opportunities for professional development.
- Extensive training will be provided regarding sexual violence, survivor-centered support, and trauma-informed principles.
Submit a CV and covering letter, with the names and contact information of 3 references, to Sandra McKellar, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00pm, April 16, 2021.
For questions and further information about this position, please contact Sandra McKellar at email@example.com or 709-685-6821.
The Newfoundland and Labrador Sexual Assault and Crisis Prevention Centre (Centre) is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive employee environment.