Administrative Assistant – Job Description
The NLSACPC is a non-profit, community-based, charitable organization that exists to support individuals of all genders who have been impacted by sexual violence. We operate from a feminist, pro-choice, trauma-informed, person-centered perspective where individuals with lived experienced are honoured for their unique strengths, needs, skills, and abilities.
The Administrative Assistant works as a team player under the direction of the Executive Director and will be primarily responsible for assisting with daily clerical and administrative operations of the NLSACPC. This includes being the first point of contact for all office queries, requests, or issues and will be responsible for ensuring accurate information is offered and then redirecting appropriately
- Maintains an organized filing system
- Ensures correspondence is responded to promptly and appropriately
- Files and updates all pertinent contact information of employees, suppliers, and external partners
- Assists the Executive Director in the preparation of press releases, public service announcements, and funding proposals
- Assists in organizing workshops, training events, support sessions, board meetings, staff travel, and special events
- Attends meetings prepares minutes upon request
- Collects time sheets, expense reports, and invoices for submission to Executive Director/accountant
- Manages office supply inventory
- Prepares monthly or quarterly reports as required
- Actively monitors and updates social media platforms with appropriate information
- Connects survivors of sexual violence to the program staff of the NLSACPC/Journey Project
- Other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Administrate experience or college diploma in appropriate field
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft products (including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Google products (including Google Calendar, Google Documents, and Google Drive), and social media platforms (including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter).
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Familiarity with office equipment and applications
- Excellent communication skills
- Deep understanding of discretion and confidentiality
- Familiarity with a wide array of community supports and resources across NL
- Passionate about supporting survivors and anti-violence work
Position Details and Logistics
- This is a full time position at 37.5 hours a week funded by JobsNL Wage Subsidy program. Salary will be within a range of $28,000-$32,000 per year. Specific salary will be negotiated and commensurate with experience.
- Additional benefits: health and dental insurance, generous leave policy based on the NLSACPC’s Human Resources Policy, and regular opportunities for professional development.
- Extensive training will be provided regarding sexual violence, survivor-centred support, and trauma-informed principles.
The NSLACPC is an equal opportunity employer and values creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We strongly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
Please do not submit your application through any automated “Apply Now” button. Submit a CV and cover letter, with the names and contact information of 3 references no later than 4pm on June 30 to Sandra McKellar, Executive Director of NLSACPC.
Attention: Sandra McKellar
NL Sexual Assault Crisis and Prevention Centre
401 Empire Avenue, First floor
St. John’s, NL, A1E 1W6
NLSACPC encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest but wish to advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interviews will follow the social distancing protocol established by Public Health.